IT/ELECTRONIC PATIENT RECORDS
WELLINGTON ROAD FAMILY PRACTICE
STATEMENT OF INTENT
From 1st April 2014 GP practices are required to make available a statement of intent in relation to the following IT developments:-
- Referral Management
- Electronic Appointment Booking
- Online ordering of repeat prescriptions
- Summary Care Record
- GP2GP transfers
- Patient Access to records
Please find below details of the practice stance with regards to these developments:-
All practices must include the NHS Number as the primary identifier in all NHS clinical correspondence issued by the practice.
- Our surgery complies with this requirement.
Electronic appointment booking
Practices are required to promote and offer the facility for all patients, who wish to, to book, view, amend, cancel and print appointments online.
- As our GP surgeries are open access, we are not required to comply with this requirement. However, certain nurse appointments, such as ‘flu’ clinics, can be booked, amended, printed and cancelled online.
Online booking of repeat prescriptions
Practices are required to promote and offer the facility for all patients, who wish to, to order online, view and print a list of their repeat prescriptions for necessary drugs, medicines or appliances.
- We offer the facility for ordering repeat prescriptions on-line.
Summary Care Record
Practices are required to enable successful automated uploads of any changes to a patient’s summary information, at least on a daily basis to the Summary Care record. Having your Summary Care Record available will help anyone treating you without your full medical record. They will have access to information about any medication you may be taking and any drugs that you have a recorded allergy or sensitivity to.
- Wellington Road Family Practice will be live with SCR during the week of 17th November 2014. However, if you do not want your medical records to be available in this way then you will need to let us know so that we can update your record. Please see the receptionist for an ‘opt out form’.
GP2GP record transfers
There is a contractual requirement to utilise the GP2GP facility for the transfer of patient records between practices, when a patient registers or de-registers.
It is very important that you are registered with a doctor at all times. If you leave your GP and register with a new GP, your medical records will be removed from your previous doctor and forwarded on to your new GP via NHS England. It can take several weeks for your paper records to reach your new surgery. With GP to GP record transfers, your electronic record is transferred to your new practice much sooner.
- Wellington Road Family Practice confirms that GP2GP transfers are already active and we send and receive patient records via this system.
Patient access to their GP record
Practices are required to promote and offer the facility for patients to view online, export or print a summary of information from their records relating to medications, allergies, adverse reactions and any other items/date such as ‘additional’ record elements which has been agreed between the contractor and the patient.
Wellington Road Family Practice offers this facility to it’s patients.